Wednesday 7 January 2009

Enjoying the snow .


Hopefully this will be the last of the snow for the year. It fell to minus 6 the other night which might be expected in the Scottish Highlands but is unusual for this far south. I hope that our tank of heating gas holds out with stories in this mornings paper that Russia is halting exports through the Ukraine pipeline to the EU and that rationing will need to be introduced. The boyzs are oblivious to the cold - if anything it seems to make them ever more determined to be out in the fields having fun. One of the neighbouring farmers came past this morning to say that he is being bothered by a family of beavers that are digging up his crops - I think I must have misunderstood him, the Umbrian dialect can be quite impenetrable, but I didn't think beavers were a European animal. I shall drive up this afternoon and try to fathom out what is going on.

No comments: